Yes (Required as noted in DXCC Rule 1). DXCC handles +/- 10,000 to 12,000 applications annually. The DXCC application form tells us what you are applying for and provides us with your current mailing address.
On the DXCC forms page you will find the DXCC application form and record sheet. Note: The help instructions will guide you through the application process.
Application forms more than two years old will not be accepted.
If you do not have web access, send an SASE with 3 stamps or $2.00 to:
225 Main Street
Newington, CT USA 06111
Yes. It is good idea to keep a copy of this PDF for your personal records. Also, while Rule 1 requires that a DXCC application form be sent along with QSL cards, if you submit a hybrid application (cards along with LoTW) this form can be used instead of the standard DXCC application form.
This part of the application form tells DXCC staff whether you are applying for a new award (certificate) or an endorsement.
- NEW indicates that a certificate is expected from the submission.
- More than one NEW award (certificate) can be applied for on a single application.
- If you checked NEW and this was not your intent, once it is processed it cannot be undone.
- Be sure to indicate the band(s)and/or mode(s) certificates you are requesting next to NEW.
- If an award is not requested and NEW is checked, DXCC will issue a Mixed award only.
- Please DO NOT use this section of the DXCC application if you want a replacement for an old certificate.
- If you qualify for an award, but do not want a certificate, please do not check off NEW.
- ENDORSEMENT indicates that an applicant is building credits on an existing award(s).
- Please do not use ENDORSEMENT if you do not have an award on the bands or modes. If you are building totals towards future awards, leave this blank.
- If you check this box, a certificate will be issued and you will be charged the appropriate fee(s). This cannot be undone. If you leave this blank the DXCC system will automatically issue an endorsement for any award(s) for which a new endorsement level has been reached. (Even if you qualify for an endorsement but forget to check it).
- If you want a certificate and do not note NEW here, DXCC will not automatically issue it.
Single QSO cards:
• First by band
• Then by mode within each band
• Cards with more than one QSO should be placed at the end.
The sort order for multi-QSO cards does not matter. Cards must not be sorted alpha-numerically by call sign or by entity name.
If cards are properly arranged, DXCC can process an application in almost half the time it normally takes, it keeps costs down and helps reduce the chance for errors.
In some cases, DXCC may return the application to the applicant, at cost to the applicant, for proper sorting. This may happen for especially for larger applications.
Applications logged into the DXCC computer system are listed on the DXCC Applications Received page. Call signs are listed alpha-numerically. Next to the call sign is the date the application was logged into the DXCC computer. The date noted may not be the date the application was received by ARRL, it only reflects that date it was logged into the DXCC computer.